* 2.4.7-ac3 and above
@ 2001-08-09 20:10 jbearce
From: jbearce @ 2001-08-09 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I've been experiencing random lockups with 2.4.7-ac3 and up and can't seem
to pin it down to anything.  The problem doesn't seem to be load related,
although it might be disk-related. I can't accurately reproduce the problem
but it seems to be about once a day with -ac8 through -ac10, -ac4 through
-ac7 were much more frequent.

I'm running on a Dell Precision 420 Workstation dual 933Mhz, 2 IDE HD with
and without DMA enabled.  The only thing I've recently change in my kernel
configs, is the use of raid0 to tie the 2 drives together.  I don't see any
abnormal messages in any logs.  I've got a few test machines at my desk
that are the same hardware, but with SCSI drives and no raid0 and I'm
seeing the same problem about once a day.

I'm running XFree 4.1 with DRI enabled, but haven't had a chance to try to
reproduce the problem in a console environment.  I completely lose
connectivity to my machine (both locally and over the network). I'm
stumped.  The one Compaq server I'm running -ac10 on at the moment is
running fine, with no X, but there's no load on the machine.  It's also a
933 Dual Processor machine.

I'm basically running the latest and greatest Debian (Sid) packages.  I
don't expect anyone to have an answer for me, but what kind of information
can I provide that may be useful.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-08-09 20:12 UTC | newest]