* Routing table problems
@ 2001-12-29 11:47 Rajasekhar Inguva
From: Rajasekhar Inguva @ 2001-12-29 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi All,

I am facing a problem ( ???, maybe it works that way, but i really dont
know ) with regards to routing table behavior when using ifconfig on a
network interface.

1) netstat -nr      Shows my default gateway for network 0.0.0.0

2) ifconfig eth0 down

3) netstat -nr      No entry for the default gateway is shown (
understandable )

4) ifconfig eth0 up

After the the 4'th command, my interface is up and has it's IP address set
correctly. But .....

netstat -nr  does not show my default gateway for network 0.0.0.0 !!.
Pinging any IP outside of my subnet, results in "Network is unreachable"
error.

Is is meant to be that way ? or is there a problem here ?

I've tried it on kernel versions, 2.4.0, 2.4.5 & 2.4.15

FYI : This has been tried using both DHCP and Static IP.

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Raj

* Re: Routing table problems
@ 2001-12-29 12:14 Rajasekhar Inguva
From: Rajasekhar Inguva @ 2001-12-29 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi All, In continuation to my earlier report ...

The problem is only seen with the default gateway entry.

The gateway entry for my subnet is also deleted during a 'down', but is
restored properly after an 'up' .

Thanx,

Raj

[parent not found: <3C069135.6AC55FD8@wanadoo.fr>]