* OSS SB driver & ESS1688 & module reloading
@ 2002-05-20 11:30 Meelis Roos
From: Meelis Roos @ 2002-05-20 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I'm reporting it since I got the symptoms on two different systems
(Compaq laptop with SuSE 8.0 and Digital Celebris GL 5133 ST - both have
onboard ESS1688).

ESS1688 is on irq 5 and non-PNP. modprobe sb finds it by probing and
defaults to irq 7 (proably sensible default on some computers, I have
parport on irq 7). Fine, rmmod sb, modprobe sb irq=5. Works.

Now when I rmmod sb and try to re-insert it, things become strange.
sb module tells now that io, irq and dma parameters are all necessary.
It does work when I supply these parameters but why does it need them
the second time??? Looks like a bug.

Kernel is 2.4.19pre8 on Digital Celebris GL and SuSE 8.0 default 2.4
kernel on Compaq laptop (not here at the moment, can't check).

--
Meelis Roos (mroos@linux.ee)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-05-20 11:30 UTC | newest]