* how do we block interrupts?
@ 2001-11-12 12:53 Sureshkumar Kamalanathan
From: Sureshkumar Kamalanathan @ 2001-11-12 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi all,
  I have added a function inside kernel in netif_rx().  I want to block
all the ethernet interrupts till this function is executed.
  How do we block and unblock the interrupts?
  Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Sureshkumar K.

* Re: how do we block interrupts?
@ 2001-11-12 13:24 ` Richard B. Johnson
From: Richard B. Johnson @ 2001-11-12 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sureshkumar Kamalanathan; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Sureshkumar Kamalanathan wrote:

> Hi all,
>   I have added a function inside kernel in netif_rx().  I want to block
> all the ethernet interrupts till this function is executed.
>   How do we block and unblock the interrupts?
>   Thanks in advance,
>
> Regards,
> Sureshkumar K.

Like line 1002 of ../linux/net/core/dev.c

spin_lock_irqsave(&netdev_fc_lock, flags);
	blocked_code();
spin_unlock_irqrestore(&netdev_fc_lock, flags);

Cheers,
Dick Johnson

    was handled in the BIOS, I found that there aren't any.