* Reg failures while installing kdb patch
@ 2001-09-06 11:14 SATHISH.J
From: SATHISH.J @ 2001-09-06 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies, linux-kernel

Hi,
I was trying to install kdb patch to my 2.2.14-12 kernel
(kdb_v0.6-2.2.13)and it
successfully completed the patching operation but had the following error
messages.

[root@juhie linux]# patch -p1 < /home/dssp/kdb_v0.6-2.2.13 patching file
`Documentation/Configure.help' Hunk #1 succeeded at 10309 with fuzz 2
(offset 358 lines). patching file `Documentation/kdb/kdb.mm' patching file
`Documentation/kdb/kdb_bp.man' patching file
`Documentation/kdb/kdb_bt.man' patching file
`Documentation/kdb/kdb_env.man' patching file
`Documentation/kdb/kdb_ll.man' patching file
`Documentation/kdb/kdb_md.man' patching file
`Documentation/kdb/kdb_rd.man' patching file
`Documentation/kdb/kdb_ss.man' patching file `Makefile' Reversed (or
previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch. 5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to Makefile.rej
patching file `arch/i386/Makefile' patching file
`arch/i386/boot/compressed/misc.c' Hunk #1 FAILED at 104. 1 out of 1 hunk
FAILED -- saving rejects to arch/i386/boot/compressed/misc.c.rej patching
file `arch/i386/config.in' Hunk #1 succeeded at 209 (offset 6 lines).
patching file `arch/i386/kdb/Makefile' patching file
`arch/i386/kdb/dis-asm.h'
.
.
.

What are the reasons for the failure? This is the first time I am
applying a patch. Please tell me if just compiling the kernel sources and
booting the machine from the new kernel will have the kdb enabled.

Thanks in advance,
Warm regards,
sathish.j

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-09-06 11:14 UTC | newest]