* 3C905B -- EEPROM (i blive so) problem
@ 2001-06-13 15:42 L. K.
From: L. K. @ 2001-06-13 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

I have a 3COM 3C905B ethernet card that has been hit by a power outage for
aprox. 0.5 sec.  Now, the kernel does not recongnize the card
anymore. When I do lspci, I see 3COM Ethernet controller, type unknown
0xffffff (rev 3x). The bios reports the card as an ethernet card at system
boot-up. I run the diagnostic program for 3com cards from Donald Becker
and all the card registers are 0000 and FFFF. I do belive something
happened to the eeprom of the card. I would like to know if I can
overwrite-it with a new one so that I can make my ethernet card work
again.

Thank you,

Eugen