From: PALFFY Daniel <dpalffy@kkt.bme.hu>
To: Thomas Davis <tadavis@lbl.gov>
Cc: Guus Sliepen <guus@warande3094.warande.uu.nl>,
	linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Looking for ifenslave.c
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:57:00 +0200 (CEST)	[thread overview]

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Thomas Davis wrote:

> Guus, there isn't a really official version of it..
>
> At http://pdsf.nersc.gov/linux/ifenslave.c is the last version I
> produced, that works with bonding in v2.2 and v2.4 kernels.

> Guus Sliepen wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > The Ethernet bonding module is useless without ifenslave.c. I'm making a Debian
> > package for it, and I have tried to find the "offical" distribution of this
> > small program. I could not find an authorative source, instead a lot of copies
> > and patched versions are scattered around the Internet (I maintain a patched
> > version myself too).
> >
> > I would like to combine all the useful extra features and patches into this
> > Debian package, so if you know of a patched version or maintain one yourself,
> > please send it to me.

The only bonding driver and ifenslave that worked for me was the patched
version from http://sourceforge.net/projects/bonding . It runs fine over a
quad starfire card, with vlans over it (ben's patch). You might consider
packaging the ifenslave from that patch, and packaging the bonding driver
as a kernel patch...

--
Dani
			...and Linux for all.