* 2.4.5 NFS io errors
@ 2001-06-28 17:31 J.R. de Jong
From: J.R. de Jong @ 2001-06-28 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi all,

Recently I upgraded from 2.4.4 to 2.4.5, but after that I got users
complaining about io errors on some mounted NFS systems on some files,
whenever they tried to stat (ls) or open the file. Even after several
reboots (other files failed tho).

Going back to 2.4.4 solved the problem. I don't know if this problem has
been adressed already.

- Johan de Jong.

* Re: 2.4.5 NFS io errors
@ 2001-06-29 17:12 ` Trond Myklebust
From: Trond Myklebust @ 2001-06-29 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J.R. de Jong; +Cc: linux-kernel

     > Hi all, Recently I upgraded from 2.4.4 to 2.4.5, but after that
     > I got users complaining about io errors on some mounted NFS
     > systems on some files, whenever they tried to stat (ls) or open
     > the file. Even after several reboots (other files failed tho).

     > Going back to 2.4.4 solved the problem. I don't know if this
     > problem has been adressed already.

Sounds like you're using soft mounts?

Cheers,
   Trond

* Re: 2.4.5 NFS io errors
@ 2001-07-01 19:00   ` J.R. de Jong
From: J.R. de Jong @ 2001-07-01 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trond Myklebust; +Cc: linux-kernel

Nope, I'm using hard ones.

- Johan.

---

Yoda of Borg are we: Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, we will.