* Where to get quota.
@ 2001-01-02 20:37 Chris Meadors
From: Chris Meadors @ 2001-01-02 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Perhaps the help text for disk quotas needs to be updated, or at least the
howto for quotas.

The help text for disk quotas says to see the Quota mini-HOWTO.  The howto
says to get the quota source from:

ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/Linux/PEOPLE/Linus/subsystems/quota/all.tar.gz

That doesn't exist anymore.

I'm just looking for a quick pointer to the quota source, but also
suggesting that maybe the help text should be updated.  Or if someone
points me in the right direction, I'll write to the author of the howto.

-Chris
--
Two penguins were walking on an iceberg.  The first penguin said to the
second, "you look like you are wearing a tuxedo."  The second penguin

-

* Re: Where to get quota.
@ 2001-01-05 10:59 ` Jan Kara
From: Jan Kara @ 2001-01-05 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Meadors; +Cc: linux-kernel

  Hello.

> Perhaps the help text for disk quotas needs to be updated, or at least the
> howto for quotas.
>
> The help text for disk quotas says to see the Quota mini-HOWTO.  The howto
> says to get the quota source from:
>
> ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/Linux/PEOPLE/Linus/subsystems/quota/all.tar.gz
>
> That doesn't exist anymore.
  You can get newest quota utilities (I'm expecting you want utils for
old quotafile format) at 'ftp://ftp.cistron.nl/pub/people/mvw/quota/quota-2.00-pre11.tar.gz'

> I'm just looking for a quick pointer to the quota source, but also
> suggesting that maybe the help text should be updated.  Or if someone
> points me in the right direction, I'll write to the author of the howto.
  Sorry... I don't know who's the author.

								Honza
-