* Missing source files for standard libraries
@ 2001-11-13  6:20 Paul G. Allen
From: Paul G. Allen @ 2001-11-13  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm working on a game engine and there's a bug (actually, more than one
;) causing seg faults within different functions in the C/C++ libraries
(e.g. - stdlib). I installed all the development stuff from the Red Hat
CD's, do I need to get the gcc source or something in order to get these
files?

Thanks,

PGA
--
Paul G. Allen
UNIX Admin II/Network Security/Flunky ay Large

* Re: Missing source files for standard libraries
@ 2001-11-13  6:38 ` Chris Abbey
From: Chris Abbey @ 2001-11-13  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yesterday, Paul G. Allen wrote:
> I'm working on a game engine and there's a bug (actually, more than one
> ;) causing seg faults within different functions in the C/C++ libraries
> (e.g. - stdlib). I installed all the development stuff from the Red Hat
> CD's, do I need to get the gcc source or something in order to get these
> files?

most likely you need the glibc-devel package, or potentially the glibc
sources, I'm not sure how RH packages it... but in either case stdlib
is user space, not kernel space, so wrong list. ;)

--
now the forces of openness have a powerful and
  unexpected new ally - http://ibm.com/linux

Need it? Get it! http://ibm.com/developerworks

* Re: Missing source files for standard libraries
@ 2001-11-13 17:50   ` Paul G. Allen
From: Paul G. Allen @ 2001-11-13 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Abbey wrote:

> Yesterday, Paul G. Allen wrote:
> > I'm working on a game engine and there's a bug (actually, more than one
> > ;) causing seg faults within different functions in the C/C++ libraries
> > (e.g. - stdlib). I installed all the development stuff from the Red Hat
> > CD's, do I need to get the gcc source or something in order to get these
> > files?
>
> most likely you need the glibc-devel package, or potentially the glibc
> sources, I'm not sure how RH packages it... but in either case stdlib
> is user space, not kernel space, so wrong list. ;)

I knew between the two lists, someone would know. I installed the
glibc-devel package though.

PGA