* compling kernel module against different kernel settings
@ 2001-12-18  8:16 Joe Wong
From: Joe Wong @ 2001-12-18  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

   Hi,

     I am quite new to linux kernel build procedure and please forgive me
   if my question is too _easy_.

     From what I know I can change different parameters to build kernel by
   make xconfig/make menuconfig/make config.

     The above proesses will generate different settings in .config and
   autoconf.h. Now I want to build my loadable kernel module against
   different kernel settings ( like CPU type, SMP support or not and so..
   ). Is this possible to automate all of the steps involed?

     I found out that 'make dep' does not update *.ver in
   ./include/linux/modules/ and I have to use make mrproper but it will
   delete everthing..

     Or, I should build a generic module that can run on different kernel
   settings? I am quite confuse and hope someone can give me a hand on
   this.

   TIA.

   - Joe

* compling kernel module against different kernel settings.
@ 2001-12-17 10:14 Joe Wong