* Re: how to get per-socket stats on udp rx buffer overflow?
@ 2002-05-25  2:59 Nivedita Singhvi
From: Nivedita Singhvi @ 2002-05-25  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cfriesen; +Cc: linux-kernel

> Is there any way for me to see how many incoming packets
> were dropped on a udp socket due to overflowing the input buffer?
> I specifically want this information on a per-socket basis.

The /proc/net/snmp Udp counter InErrors includes the global
count. It would be expensive and usually unnecessary to keep
per-socket stats. Is there a real need for seeing the
per-socket count?

If it helps, you can check the current bytes in the recv queue
in netstat output - you wont know how many bytes have been dropped,
but at least you know the amnt in the queue waiting to be read..

> Chris

thanks,
Nivedita

* how to get per-socket stats on udp rx buffer overflow?
@ 2002-05-24 20:59 Chris Friesen
From: Chris Friesen @ 2002-05-24 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I posted this on netdev, but got no answer.

Is there any way for me to see how many incoming packets were dropped on a udp
socket due to overflowing the input buffer?  I specifically want this
information on a per-socket basis.

Thanks,

Chris
--
Chris Friesen                    | MailStop: 043/33/F10
Nortel Networks                  | work: (613) 765-0557