* 2.5.n* and atyfb: why such colours???
@ 2002-10-10  9:16 Gregoire Favre
From: Gregoire Favre @ 2002-10-10  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello,

since some kernels revision, it begins to boot with the white on black,
and the at atyfb initialisation, the white is remplaced by blue and I
can't read anymore???

>From dmesg:

atyfb: 3D RAGE PRO (BGA, AGP) [0x4742 rev 0x7c] 8M SGRAM, 14.31818 MHz XTAL, 230 MHz PLL, 100 Mhz MCLK
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 128x48
fb0: ATY Mach64 frame buffer device on PCI

And I use this in lilo.conf:

vga = extended
append="video=atyfb:1024x768-16@100"

I'll should maybe retry without the vga arg???

Thank you very much and have a great day,

	Grégoire
http://ulima.unil.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:greg@ulima.unil.ch

* Re: 2.5.n* and atyfb: why such colours???
@ 2002-10-18 17:39 ` James Simmons
From: James Simmons @ 2002-10-18 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hello,
>
> since some kernels revision, it begins to boot with the white on black,
> and the at atyfb initialisation, the white is remplaced by blue and I
> can't read anymore???

It appears to ge a bug in setcolreg. I have seen this problem as well. I
will trace it down.