* ABIT IC7-G
@ 2003-05-05 18:06 Richard B. Johnson
From: Richard B. Johnson @ 2003-05-05 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux kernel

ABIT IC7-G Main Boards and Linux

Warning! These boards are being shipped without the On-board
Intel CSA Gigabit LAN that is clearly specified in the user-
manual, and in the advertisement on the Web-Page.

Yes, I got ripped off. Also, the AGP slot will not work properly
with the normal AGP video boards like NVIDA GForce, etc. You need
special 1.5V or 0.8V AGP cards (page 2-15 in the manual). The 3.3V
AGP cards will seem to work, but the machine will just STOP, for
no apparent reason at all.

So be forewarned.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.4.20 on an i686 machine (797.90 BogoMips).

* Re: ABIT IC7-G
@ 2003-05-05 18:42 ` Mike Dresser
From: Mike Dresser @ 2003-05-05 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

> ABIT IC7-G Main Boards and Linux
>
> Warning! These boards are being shipped without the On-board
> Intel CSA Gigabit LAN that is clearly specified in the user-
> manual, and in the advertisement on the Web-Page.

I see in the picture they have that they put the network connector in a
nonstandard place.

What is it shipping with instead?

> Yes, I got ripped off. Also, the AGP slot will not work properly
> with the normal AGP video boards like NVIDA GForce, etc. You need
> special 1.5V or 0.8V AGP cards (page 2-15 in the manual). The 3.3V
> AGP cards will seem to work, but the machine will just STOP, for
> no apparent reason at all.

Indeed, the 845/850/875/7205? are all .8/1.5v only.  It's been that way
for a number of years.  Wouldn't be surprised to find out other chipsets
are like that either, 3.3V is rather old.

Don't use a 3.3V card, this violates the chipset specs, and you're lucky
you didn't burn out the card and/or board.  ASUS puts a red warning led
on the motherboard.  I'm surprised your 3.3V card fit, most are keyed so
you can't put them in the wrong slot.

Mike

* Re: ABIT IC7-G
@ 2003-05-14  7:46 ` Stefan Smietanowski
From: Stefan Smietanowski @ 2003-05-14  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: root; +Cc: Linux kernel

Hi

> ABIT IC7-G Main Boards and Linux
>
> Warning! These boards are being shipped without the On-board
> Intel CSA Gigabit LAN that is clearly specified in the user-
> manual, and in the advertisement on the Web-Page.

Hi. Are you sure you didn't just get the IC7 instead of the IC7-G?

That's the only difference between the boards and the description
sort of describes the IC7. Check for markings on the board and
on the box and if you indeed have gotten an IC7 (but paid for the -G)
then complain to the people that sold it to you.

// Stefan