* make mrproper depends on .hdepend?
@ 2002-05-05 18:16 Thunder from the hill
From: Thunder from the hill @ 2002-05-05 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: make mrproper depends on .hdepend?
@ 2002-05-05 23:49 ` Keith Owens
From: Keith Owens @ 2002-05-05 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 5 May 2002 12:16:03 -0600 (MDT),
Thunder from the hill <thunder@ngforever.de> wrote:
>Something weird just broke my build of .hdepend. I tried to make clean
>afterwards, and make clean aborted due to an aborted .hdepend. I tried to
>make mrproper, but the problem reoccurred.
>
>I rm'd the .hdepend, then I could make clean and mrproper. However, IMO
>make clean and make mrproper shouldn't depend on .hdepend to be complete.
>Or is there any sane reason not to parse .hdepend for make mrproper & co.?

Just another kbuild 2.4 bug.  During make clean/mrproper directory
traversal Rules.make is included.  Rules.make unconditionally includes
.depend from this directory and the global .hdepend, no matter what the
target is.

It can be fixed but there are more important problems and nobody has
got round to it.  rm the broken .[h]depend file gets around the bug.