* Re: Re: 2.4.19 IDE Partition Check issue
@ 2002-08-04  9:11 alien.ant
From: alien.ant @ 2002-08-04  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Cox; +Cc: linux-kernel

> Can you try 2.4.19-ac1 once I upload it.
> That has slightly further updated IDE code and it would
> useful to know if the same problem occurs

Yes, it has exactly the same problem as stock 2.4.19

Sorry!

Steve

* Re: Re: 2.4.19 IDE Partition Check issue
@ 2002-08-04 19:20 ` Alan Cox
From: Alan Cox @ 2002-08-04 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alien.ant; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Sun, 2002-08-04 at 10:11, alien.ant@ntlworld.com wrote:
> > Can you try 2.4.19-ac1 once I upload it.
> > That has slightly further updated IDE code and it would
> > useful to know if the same problem occurs
>
> Yes, it has exactly the same problem as stock 2.4.19
>
> Sorry!

I'm out of ideas on the promise one then.

* Re: Re: 2.4.19 IDE Partition Check issue
@ 2002-08-04 22:17   ` Sven Koch
From: Sven Koch @ 2002-08-04 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Cox; +Cc: alien.ant, linux-kernel

On 4 Aug 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-08-04 at 10:11, alien.ant@ntlworld.com wrote:
> > > Can you try 2.4.19-ac1 once I upload it.
> > > That has slightly further updated IDE code and it would
> > > useful to know if the same problem occurs
> >
> > Yes, it has exactly the same problem as stock 2.4.19
> >
> > Sorry!
>
> I'm out of ideas on the promise one then.

Perhaps one funny thing which got me with 2.4.19-rc3-ac3 bites you here
too:

With a "VIA vt82c596b (rev 23) IDE UDMA66 controller on pci00:07.1" a am
not able to boot or read the partition-table, UNLESS I select
CONFIG_IDEDMA_AUTO=y

If want to play safe and "use the slow pio modes" its broken, with
dma from the start it works without further problems.

c'ya
sven

--

The Internet treats censorship as a routing problem, and routes around it.
(John Gilmore on http://www.cygnus.com/~gnu/)