* RE: APM & ACPI detect
@ 2002-09-12 15:16 Grover, Andrew
From: Grover, Andrew @ 2002-09-12 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Soos Peter', linux-kernel

> From: Soos Peter [mailto:sp@osb.hu]
> Are there any "official way" to detect that APM or ACPI is active?
>
> With APM I try it and it works:
>
> #ifdef CONFIG_APM
> #include <linux/apm_bios.h>
> #endif

> #ifdef CONFIG_APM
> if (apm_info.disabled >= 0) {
>                 printk(KERN_NOTICE "Real APM support is present.\n");
> }
> #endif
>
> Are there any similar for ACPI?

Well there's pm_active, which is 1 if either is on. Is this really what you
want?

Regards -- Andy

* RE: APM & ACPI detect
@ 2002-09-13 11:54 ` Soos Peter
From: Soos Peter @ 2002-09-13 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grover, Andrew; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Grover, Andrew wrote:

> > Are there any "official way" to detect that APM or ACPI is active?
>
> Well there's pm_active, which is 1 if either is on. Is this really what you
> want?

No, I have to know what stuff is active: APM or ACPI.

Thanks,
Peter

* RE: APM & ACPI detect
@ 2002-09-13 17:26 Grover, Andrew
From: Grover, Andrew @ 2002-09-13 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Soos Peter'; +Cc: linux-kernel

> From: Soos Peter [mailto:sp@osb.hu]
> On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Grover, Andrew wrote:
>
> > > Are there any "official way" to detect that APM or ACPI is active?
> >
> > Well there's pm_active, which is 1 if either is on. Is this
> really what you
> > want?
>
> No, I have to know what stuff is active: APM or ACPI.

OK, I guess we'll add that.

-- Andy

* APM & ACPI detect
@ 2002-09-12  8:04 Soos Peter