* Getting APIC interrupts
@ 2003-05-27 15:04 Kendrick Hamilton
From: Kendrick Hamilton @ 2003-05-27 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

	please CC hamilton@sedsystems.ca with responses/dicsussion
regarding this posting.

	We developped a modulator card and device driver for linux. The
card is a PCI card. When installed in an IBM E-server, dual processor xeon
computer, the linux kernel does not receive any interupts. If I cat
/proc/interrupts, the card is assigned interrupt 10 on the XT-PIC. The
only other device assigned to the XT-PIC is cascade. When we check the
card's intterupt line with an oscilloscope, we see that an interrupt is
being generated.
	A temporary work around is to use the noapic flag with the kernel.
I am wondering if there is a special call when requesting the interrupt
that I can use to get the interrupt to go through the APIC so I don't need
the noapic flag?

--
Kendrick Hamilton E.I.T.
SED Systems, a division of Calian Ltd.

Hamilton@sedsystems.ca
Tel: (306) 933-1453
Fax: (306) 933-1486

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-27 14:51 UTC | newest]