From: Nicolas Pitre <nico@cam.org>
To: John Bradford <john@grabjohn.com>
Cc: rob@landley.net, lkml <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	<szepe@pinerecords.com>
Subject: Re: Messing with Kconfig.
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 11:27:47 -0400 (EDT)	[thread overview]

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, John Bradford wrote:

> > So I'm looking at menuconfig and contemplating rearranging the heck out of it
>
> Please don't.  This comes up from time to time on the mailing list,
> and massive re-arrangements are usually a Bad Thing.

Of course "massive" re-arrangements all at once have always been rejected,
and we've seen obvious examples of that in the kernel build/config system
area already.

One should have learned, though, that small incremental changes can achieve
similar results and are much more acceptable to the rest of the community.

Nicolas