* PS/2 Slowness w/ 2.6.0-test9-bk2
@ 2003-10-28 20:01 Shawn Starr
From: Shawn Starr @ 2003-10-28 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Apon trying the latest -bk, I've noticed changes in how the kernel
determines mouse rate.

Although this was easy to fix with gpm, XFree86-HEAD does not seem to
honor any manual overriding of the mouse rate. Even when setting the rate
to 60 this did not work.

After reverting the psmouse-base.c changes XFree86 behaved like previous.

I would suggest reverting the patch until this issue is resolved. I don't
know what X is doing to get the mouse rate but it certainly ignored it
when I set psmouse_rate=60 in kernel parameters. Perhaps someone knows
something I'm not doing.

This isn't trying to start a flamewar but I'd prefer that these changes
were checked beforehand.

Thanks,
Shawn S.

* Re: PS/2 Slowness w/ 2.6.0-test9-bk2
@ 2003-10-28 20:15 ` Shawn Starr
From: Shawn Starr @ 2003-10-28 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

It should be noted that I have a Startech KVM.

       [not found] <fa.k5maq39.1h6g0b7@ifi.uio.no>
@ 2003-10-29  0:48 ` walt
From: walt @ 2003-10-29  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shawn Starr; +Cc: linux-kernel

Shawn Starr wrote:
> Apon trying the latest -bk, I've noticed changes in how the kernel
> determines mouse rate.
>
> Although this was easy to fix with gpm, XFree86-HEAD does not seem to
> honor any manual overriding of the mouse rate. Even when setting the rate
> to 60 this did not work.
>
> After reverting the psmouse-base.c changes XFree86 behaved like previous.
>
> I would suggest reverting the patch until this issue is resolved. I don't
> know what X is doing to get the mouse rate but it certainly ignored it
> when I set psmouse_rate=60 in kernel parameters. Perhaps someone knows
> something I'm not doing...

I have the same problem, but I find that booting with the psmouse_noext
kernel parameter reverses the unwanted behavior.

My other 2.6 machine running with a KVM switch is not at all affected
by the recent change.