* radeonfb and highmem?
@ 2004-01-07 15:39 Marek Habersack
From: Marek Habersack @ 2004-01-07 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Kernel

Hey list,

  I was trying to find a patch fixing the problem of radeonfb with highmem,
but failed miserably. Is there any patch out there that deals with the
problem for 2.6.x?

TIA,

marek

* Re: radeonfb and highmem?
@ 2004-01-07 16:16 ` Damian Kolkowski
From: Damian Kolkowski @ 2004-01-07 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marek Habersack; +Cc: Linux Kernel

* Marek Habersack <grendel@caudium.net> [2004-01-07 16:44]:
>   I was trying to find a patch fixing the problem of radeonfb with highmem,
> but failed miserably. Is there any patch out there that deals with the
> problem for 2.6.x?

Hi ther,

I don't know is there something like this, but I join with your problem and
ask for:

1. Patch for svgalib on radeon_9000 (rv250if and above).
2. Patch for fglrx ATI binary module when hardware rendering is on.

Take care.

--
# Damian *dEiMoS* Kołkowski # http://kolkowski.no-ip.org/ #

* Re: radeonfb and highmem?
@ 2004-01-07 17:09 ` James Simmons
From: James Simmons @ 2004-01-07 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marek Habersack; +Cc: Linux Kernel

This is because of the radeonfb driver ioremapping the framebuffer memeory
whichcan be really big. Once the driver is fully accelerated then we can
remove the ioremap function in the driver.

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Marek Habersack wrote:

> Hey list,
>
>   I was trying to find a patch fixing the problem of radeonfb with highmem,
> but failed miserably. Is there any patch out there that deals with the
> problem for 2.6.x?
>
> TIA,
>
> marek

* Re: radeonfb and highmem?
@ 2004-01-07 17:17   ` Marek Habersack
From: Marek Habersack @ 2004-01-07 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Simmons; +Cc: Linux Kernel

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 05:09:39PM +0000, James Simmons scribbled:

> This is because of the radeonfb driver ioremapping the framebuffer memeory
> whichcan be really big. Once the driver is fully accelerated then we can
> remove the ioremap function in the driver.
I see, is there any ETA for that to happen? And, if you need some testing -
I will be glad to help

thanks,

marek

* Re: radeonfb and highmem?
@ 2004-01-07 17:41     ` James Simmons
From: James Simmons @ 2004-01-07 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marek Habersack; +Cc: Linux Kernel

> > This is because of the radeonfb driver ioremapping the framebuffer memeory
> > whichcan be really big. Once the driver is fully accelerated then we can
> > remove the ioremap function in the driver.
> I see, is there any ETA for that to happen? And, if you need some testing -
> I will be glad to help

In the next few weeks.