* console=tty2
@ 2003-07-04 13:04 Víctor Romero
From: Víctor Romero @ 2003-07-04 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

	Dear kernel hackers,

	In a little appliance (i386) I'm working on I have a linux(2.4.20 vanilla)
booting with a pretty nice logo in fb mode, but I dont want to see text in
the boot process just the logo, so I tryed on boot : linux console=tty2, but
still see everything, If i put to ttyS0 works but I have a modem there,so its
not a good idea, anyway tty2 should work, but it doesnt, any idea?

	I can't use bootsplash because the initrd image I need its already too big
and actually I prefer to use just the vanilla kernel.

	Can be redirected to /dev/null the console? I know this its not a good idea
but, I can have to lilo entrys the first one with console=tty and the other
one with console=null?

	Greetings

* Re: console=tty2
@ 2003-07-04 16:23 ` Víctor Romero
From: Víctor Romero @ 2003-07-04 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

El Viernes, 4 de Julio de 2003 15:04, Víctor Romero escribió:
> 	Dear kernel hackers,
>
> 	In a little appliance (i386) I'm working on I have a linux(2.4.20 vanilla)
> booting with a pretty nice logo in fb mode, but I dont want to see text in
> the boot process just the logo, so I tryed on boot : linux console=tty2,
> but still see everything, If i put to ttyS0 works but I have a modem
> there,so its not a good idea, anyway tty2 should work, but it doesnt, any
> idea?

	Ok, I'm sorry, I found theres my error, I was checking to many things at the
same time, forget my mail please.

        Greetings

* Re: console=tty2
@ 2003-07-05 20:49 ` Richard B. Johnson