* RE: incompatible open modes
@ 2003-07-31 18:29 Ata, John
From: Ata, John @ 2003-07-31 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Andries,

If that's what's been decided... I presume for backwards compatability,
but it does seem rather odd though.  After all, it seems like O_RDONLY
is supposed to safeguard someone from accidently overwriting a file.
Otherwise why not automatically open everything read/write?  Going down
the same path, what's next: automatically write enabling a file which
has been openend for O_RDONLY the next time someone performs a write
operation on it? ;-)

Take care,
John