* lxdialog question
@ 2004-10-29 19:21 Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2004-10-29 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello,

I wanted to patch lxdialog with the upstream code so that it supports UTF-8 i/o
and utf-8-consoles, but I would need to know from which 'dialog' it forked in
the past.

Help appreciated,
Jan Engelhardt
--
Gesellschaft für Wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung
Am Fassberg, 37077 Göttingen, www.gwdg.de

* Re: lxdialog question
@ 2004-10-30  8:18 ` Sam Ravnborg
       [not found]   ` <Pine.LNX.4.53.0410301255220.2322@yvahk01.tjqt.qr>
From: Sam Ravnborg @ 2004-10-30  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Engelhardt; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 09:21:01PM +0200, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I wanted to patch lxdialog with the upstream code so that it supports UTF-8 i/o
> and utf-8-consoles, but I would need to know from which 'dialog' it forked in
> the past.

The only indication I could find was this note in scripts/README.Menuconfig:

---------------
The windowing support utility (lxdialog) is a VERY modified version of
the dialog utility by Savio Lam <lam836@cs.cuhk.hk>.  Although lxdialog
is significantly different from dialog, I have left Savio's copyrights
intact.  Please DO NOT contact Savio with questions about lxdialog.
He will not be able to assist.
---------------

	Sam

* Re: lxdialog question
       [not found]   ` <Pine.LNX.4.53.0410301255220.2322@yvahk01.tjqt.qr>
@ 2004-10-31 11:35     ` Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2004-10-31 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam Ravnborg; +Cc: linux-kernel

JE> I wanted to patch lxdialog with the upstream code so that it supports UTF-8
JE> i/o and utf-8-consoles, but I would need to know from which 'dialog' it
JE> forked in the past.

SR>The only indication I could find was this note in scripts/README.Menuconfig:
[...]

JE>It looks like it's based on dialog-0.7 since it creates the smallest diff.
[...]

lxdialog already seems to support UTF-8 (read: ncurses supports it), since it
actually works when TERM=xterm or =screen. However, not so with =linux or
=screen.linux.

Jan Engelhardt