* SIS IO-APIC troubles
@ 2003-07-01  8:16 Diego Zuccato
From: Diego Zuccato @ 2003-07-01  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello.

I'm trying to install Linux on an Acer Aspire 1700. To be able to boot,
I've had to use "noapic" parameter. But, then, many peripherals won't
work (like USB2) or they'll be sluggish (like nic that reaches about
80KB/s in a direct 100Mbps link).
I've put all the info I could gather at
http://otello.alma.unibo.it/~diego/Aspire1700/ .
Since it's not my machine, but a friend lets me experiment with it, it's
better if I have a list of tests to try.

Please CC: me as I'm not subscribed.

Tks,
 Diego.

* Re: SIS IO-APIC troubles
@ 2003-07-01 17:11 ` Davide Libenzi
From: Davide Libenzi @ 2003-07-01 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Diego Zuccato wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to install Linux on an Acer Aspire 1700. To be able to boot,
> I've had to use "noapic" parameter. But, then, many peripherals won't
> work (like USB2) or they'll be sluggish (like nic that reaches about
> 80KB/s in a direct 100Mbps link).
> I've put all the info I could gather at
> http://otello.alma.unibo.it/~diego/Aspire1700/ .
> Since it's not my machine, but a friend lets me experiment with it, it's
> better if I have a list of tests to try.

You have a SiS650 chipset and this will help the IRQ routing :

http://www.xmailserver.org/linux-patches/misc.html#SiSRt

- Davide