* RE:Linux 2.4.21-rc4
@ 2003-05-27 15:04 Parag Warudkar
From: Parag Warudkar @ 2003-05-27 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: marcelo

Marcelo,

[Noting that there is no changelog pertaining to PCMCIA in rc4] PCMCIA is still not usable for me with stock 2.4.21-rc4 kernel.
I can reproduce a complete hang (no response whatsoever) with rc3 everytime I boot with the PCMCIA service enabled.

I am patching it with latest ACPI patch from Sourceforge, but turning ACPI off doesn't make a difference.

Of course I can try vendor kernels or -ac, but is PCMCIA something with a priority low enough for such a major bug to be ignored?

(See my earlier post [2.4.21-rc3 PCMCIA serial_cs.c Reproducible Hang] - for complete details)

If anyone is interested I am ready to provide all details and experiment further.

Parag

Hi,

Here goes -rc4, hopefully fixing all problems now.

rc5 will only be released in case of REALLY bad problems.

Please test it extensively.

Summary of changes from v2.4.21-rc3 to v2.4.21-rc4

<minyard@acm.org>:
  o IPMI fixes

<viro@parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk>:
  o Fix writing to /dev/console

Barry K. Nathan <barryn@pobox.com>:
  o Correctly fix the ioperm issue

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>:
  o Update ide/ppc/pmac.c
  o Fix controlfb build with gcc3.3
  o PPC32 Fix warning with ndelay (with patch !)

Marcelo Tosatti <marcelo@freak.distro.conectiva>:
  o Changed EXTRAVERSION to -rc4
  o Cset exclude: c-d.hailfinger.kernel.2003@gmx.net|ChangeSet|20030526190224|33683
  o Really fix xconfig breakage

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

* RE:Linux 2.4.21-rc4
@ 2003-05-27 17:56 ` Marcelo Tosatti
From: Marcelo Tosatti @ 2003-05-27 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Parag Warudkar; +Cc: lkml, dahinds

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Parag Warudkar wrote:

> Marcelo,
>
> [Noting that there is no changelog pertaining to PCMCIA in rc4] PCMCIA is still not usable for me with stock 2.4.21-rc4 kernel.
> I can reproduce a complete hang (no response whatsoever) with rc3 everytime I boot with the PCMCIA service enabled.
>
> I am patching it with latest ACPI patch from Sourceforge, but turning ACPI off doesn't make a difference.
>
> Of course I can try vendor kernels or -ac, but is PCMCIA something with a priority low enough for such a major bug to be ignored?
>
> (See my earlier post [2.4.21-rc3 PCMCIA serial_cs.c Reproducible Hang] - for complete details)
>
> If anyone is interested I am ready to provide all details and experiment further.

David,

Can you take care of this one?