* Via 8235 arts problem (2.6-test9)
@ 2003-11-02  3:35 Chris D
From: Chris D @ 2003-11-02  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Just finished installed the latest kernel.  Anyway,
alsa seems to work fine with my onboard soundcard (Via
8235 on an Epox Motherboard). Arts on the other hand
isn't working properly at all.   Rather than sound, I
get a load of static noise.  Xmms, Mlayer etc.  work
fine with the alsa plugin, but crash if using the arts plugin.

* Re: Via 8235 arts problem (2.6-test9)
@ 2003-11-02 11:51 ` Ingo Buescher
From: Ingo Buescher @ 2003-11-02 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Chris D wrote:

> Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 03:35:56 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Chris D <mnni2001@yahoo.co.uk>
> To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
> Subject: Via 8235 arts problem (2.6-test9)
>
> Just finished installed the latest kernel.  Anyway,
> alsa seems to work fine with my onboard soundcard (Via
> 8235 on an Epox Motherboard). Arts on the other hand
> isn't working properly at all.   Rather than sound, I
> get a load of static noise.  Xmms, Mlayer etc.  work
> fine with the alsa plugin, but crash if using the arts plugin.

Same here (MB: Epox 8K5A2). I had similar problems under linux-2.4 with
alsa < 0.9.6. Upgrading to 0.9.6 fixed it. Don't know what to do with
linux-2.6.

IB
Ingo Buescher <usenet-2003@r-arcology.de>
"What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins,
but excels in winning with ease." -- Sun Tzu