* Re: PROBLEM: crypto + dm = crash
@ 2003-12-11 13:14 Zoltan NAGY
From: Zoltan NAGY @ 2003-12-11 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Ohm, sorry, there was a typo in my last mail :)
so, the sequence is:
mkraid /dev/md0
losetup -e aes /dev/loop0 /dev/md0
mkraid /dev/loop0

sorry for my first misleading mail..

Zoltan NAGY,
Network Administrator

* Re: PROBLEM: crypto + dm = crash
@ 2003-12-12  9:39 ` Joe Thornber
From: Joe Thornber @ 2003-12-12  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zoltan NAGY; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 02:14:16PM +0100, Zoltan NAGY wrote:
> Ohm, sorry, there was a typo in my last mail :)
> so, the sequence is:
> mkraid /dev/md0
> losetup -e aes /dev/loop0 /dev/md0
> mkraid /dev/loop0

Where does dm fit into this ?

- Joe

* Re: PROBLEM: crypto + dm = crash
@ 2003-12-12 13:22   ` Zoltan NAGY
From: Zoltan NAGY @ 2003-12-12 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe Thornber; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Joe Thornber wrote:

> Where does dm fit into this ?
As far as I know, LVM2 uses dm..

oh, hm. although, it is NOT a problem with dm (as far as I can tell), it
IS a problem with the crypto or whatever..

sorry for misleading again, just when I first tried it I used lvm2 on
encrypted /dev/loop0, and this is what misleaded me..

Zoltan NAGY,
Network Administrator

* PROBLEM: crypto + dm = crash
@ 2003-12-11 12:58 Zoltan NAGY
From: Zoltan NAGY @ 2003-12-11 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi!

Yesterday I tried to setup a system with RAID0 + crypto + xfs + lvm2..
I've done this:
mkraid /dev/md0
losetup -e aes /dev/loop0 /dev/md0
mkfs.xfs /dev/md0
and bang, after a few secs, it crashed the kernel with just one line
(sorry, I can't copy it, it's a production server, and it's not so good
when you have to go to the coloc facility at 4am ;))
I just wanted to inform you, and probably somebody can test it...

Zoltan NAGY,
Network Administrator