* 2.4.25 Ooops & crash
@ 2004-02-20 16:02 Lukasz Trabinski
From: Lukasz Trabinski @ 2004-02-20 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: Bartlomiej Solarz

Hello

I have unlucky with latest 2.4.25 kernel. Most of my machines after
upgrade kernel to 2.4.25 (from 2.4.24) automatically restart after several
hours, or Ooops (swapper proces, pid 0).
In logs file i haven't any information from kernel (oops and other strange
thing). Unfortunately i can't connect serial console to catch information
from console. :(
With 2.4.24 or earlier i had uptime about 50-100 days (except one machine)
I don't see any reports about this problem on this list, strange.

On http://lukasz.eu.org/2.4.25-rc1 you can see ksymoops.txt or vmlinux
from machine where i tested 2.4.25-rc1.

--
*[ Łukasz Trąbiński ]*
SysAdmin @wsisiz.edu.pl

* Re: 2.4.25 Ooops & crash
@ 2004-02-24  3:24 ` Marcelo Tosatti
From: Marcelo Tosatti @ 2004-02-24  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lukasz Trabinski; +Cc: linux-kernel, Bartlomiej Solarz

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Lukasz Trabinski wrote:

> Hello

Hi Lukasz,

> I have unlucky with latest 2.4.25 kernel. Most of my machines after
> upgrade kernel to 2.4.25 (from 2.4.24) automatically restart after several
> hours, or Ooops (swapper proces, pid 0).
> In logs file i haven't any information from kernel (oops and other strange
> thing). Unfortunately i can't connect serial console to catch information
> from console. :(
>
> With 2.4.24 or earlier i had uptime about 50-100 days (except one machine)
> I don't see any reports about this problem on this list, strange.

Right, I haven't received any reports of problems like yours in 2.4.25.

Is there any common hardware between this machines? aic7xxx I suspect?

Please collect more details --- the oops output would be great.

Why can't you connect a serial cable to any of the machines?

> On http://lukasz.eu.org/2.4.25-rc1 you can see ksymoops.txt or vmlinux
> from machine where i tested 2.4.25-rc1.

There is nothing wrong in these traces AFAICS.