* kernel-doc:  what is the purpose of "&struct"?
@ 2007-01-06 14:44 Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2007-01-06 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

  according to the kernel-doc HOWTO, the following should be
"highlighted" in some way if found in the extractable documentation of
your source file:

  '&struct_name' - name of a structure (up to two words including 'struct')

but examples of that, at least in the HTML, are simply printed in
regular font prefixed with '&' -- i don't see that any "highlighting"
is being done.

  the intermediate XML contains simply "&struct", which certainly
doesn't suggest any special processing or highlighting.

  am i missing something?

rday

* Re: kernel-doc:  what is the purpose of "&struct"?
@ 2007-01-06 18:00 ` Randy Dunlap
From: Randy Dunlap @ 2007-01-06 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 09:44:39 -0500 (EST) Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   according to the kernel-doc HOWTO, the following should be
> "highlighted" in some way if found in the extractable documentation of
> your source file:
>
>   '&struct_name' - name of a structure (up to two words including 'struct')
>
> but examples of that, at least in the HTML, are simply printed in
> regular font prefixed with '&' -- i don't see that any "highlighting"
> is being done.

The struct name is highlighted in 'man' output mode.
Not done in text or html output modes.

>   the intermediate XML contains simply "&struct", which certainly
> doesn't suggest any special processing or highlighting.
>
>   am i missing something?

---
~Randy

* Re: kernel-doc:  what is the purpose of "&struct"?
@ 2007-01-06 20:03   ` Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2007-01-06 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 6 2007 10:00, Randy Dunlap wrote:
>On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 09:44:39 -0500 (EST) Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>
>>   according to the kernel-doc HOWTO, the following should be
>> "highlighted" in some way if found in the extractable documentation of
>> your source file:
>>
>>   '&struct_name' - name of a structure (up to two words including 'struct')
>>
>> but examples of that, at least in the HTML, are simply printed in
>> regular font prefixed with '&' -- i don't see that any "highlighting"
>> is being done.
>
>The struct name is highlighted in 'man' output mode.
>Not done in text or html output modes.

&something is quite ambiguous when it comes near C code. So far,
I have only used e.g. %NULL (%CONSTANT) since % is not an unary
operator in C. On the other side, no marking up of any "struct".

	-`J'