* telnet hanging issues in kernel 2.6.16
@ 2008-01-28 16:02 Roy Zacharias
From: Roy Zacharias @ 2008-01-28 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello,

This is my first time posting on this list.  Currently, I am working
on a powerpc board and I encounter some problems.  When I do the
following:

1. Login to my card from pc as root
2. Run command (i.e. ls, ps, etc.)
3. Wait 30 min-1hr
4. Run command

After the fourth step, I only see the partial output of the command
and my telnet session becomes unresponsive and I have to connect
again.  This same issue occurs even on ssh leading me to believe that
there is an inherent network driver issue.  I am using the e100
drivers in the 2.6.16 kernel.  Are there any issues with this driver?
Are there any patches for it?  I am running on busybox 1.7.1 with the
eldk 4.1 toolchain.  I appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks,
Royous

* Re: telnet hanging issues in kernel 2.6.16
@ 2008-01-28 16:11 ` Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2008-01-28 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roy Zacharias; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Jan 28 2008 10:02, Roy Zacharias wrote:
>Hello,
>
>This is my first time posting on this list.  Currently, I am working
>on a powerpc board and I encounter some problems.  When I do the
>following:
>
>1. Login to my card from pc as root
>2. Run command (i.e. ls, ps, etc.)
>3. Wait 30 min-1hr
>4. Run command
>
>After the fourth step, I only see the partial output of the command
>and my telnet session becomes unresponsive and I have to connect
>again.

Hm, could it be an MTU/MSS/SACK/Window Sizing issue?
When you see the partial output, the window is enlarged because of the bulk
output you get from the command.