* Fwd: Re: NDA used for drivers/usb/storage/shuttle_usbat.c?
@ 2002-05-04 18:43 Robert Baruch
From: Robert Baruch @ 2002-05-04 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mdharm-usb, Linux Kernel

Subject: Re: NDA used for drivers/usb/storage/shuttle_usbat.c?
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 14:40:59 -0400
From: Robert Baruch <autophile@starband.net>
To: Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de>

 This sounds as if it might be that this open source driver violates the

> NDA you signed. Could you please clarify in the comment in this file that
> this driver doesn't violate the NDA?

Adrian,

In personal communication with the representative of the NDA for SCM, I have
been assured that an open-source driver would not violate the NDA. I can
update the comment to this effect.

--Rob

* Re: Fwd: Re: NDA used for drivers/usb/storage/shuttle_usbat.c?
@ 2002-05-04 19:54 ` Adrian Bunk
From: Adrian Bunk @ 2002-05-04 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Baruch; +Cc: mdharm-usb, Linux Kernel

On Sat, 4 May 2002, Robert Baruch wrote:

> Adrian,

Hi Robert,

> In personal communication with the representative of the NDA for SCM, I have
> been assured that an open-source driver would not violate the NDA. I can
> update the comment to this effect.

thanks, that is exactly what I was interested in.

> --Rob

cu
Adrian

BTW: Sorry for the Cc's to linux-kernel. It would have been enough to send
     my first mail only to you.

--

You only think this is a free country. Like the US the UK spends a lot of
time explaining its a free country because its a police state.