* Direct access to parport
@ 2003-03-04  8:15 Uwe Reimann
From: Uwe Reimann @ 2003-03-04  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

I'd like to connect some self made hardware to the parallel port and
read the values of the dataline using linux. Can this be done in
userspace or do I have to write kernel code to do so? I'm currently
thinking of writing a device like lp, which in turn uses the parport
device. Does this sound like a good idea?

Regards, Uwe