* reboot hangs on Toshiba Satellite 1800 laptop
@ 2005-02-12 20:54 Meelis Roos
From: Meelis Roos @ 2005-02-12 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Kernel list

This seems to be an old problem (google tells it was the same in 2.2
kernels) but now it troubles me. I have a laptop, Toshiba Satellite 1800
(Celeron 1.1 GHz, ALi chipset). It works fine but rebooting from linux
always hangs the machine hard. The last thing seen is "Rebooting", after
thatt the screen goes black, fan turns on and nothing more happens. I
can press and hold the power button for 5 seconds and the it powers off
and I can power it on and work as usual.

I'm running 2.6.11-rc3+BK.

Tried booting with acpi=off, noapic, noapic+nolapic, lapic - no go.
This laptop has local APIC turned off by BIOS so I tried the following
kernel boot options with both lapic and without lapic: reboot=w,
reboot=c, reboot=b, reboot=h. Still hangs.

There is a hint in google tyhat turning off APIC cures it but it does
not seem to work for me.

Any ideas?

--
Meelis Roos (mroos@linux.ee)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-02-12 20:55 UTC | newest]