* (no subject)
@ 2004-04-29  3:03 whitehorse
From: whitehorse @ 2004-04-29  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

dear Sir,
 I have a problem in compiling kernel 2.6.4 from kernel 2.4.19. I use
 Debian woody. When I rebooting new kernel, some message occur such:
 "modprobe: QM_MODULES: function not implemented"
 and I can't load my modules when boot. I would like to waiting any one who
 answer this. Please send to this mail. Thanks

 Best regards,

 Hafid
 Indonesia

* Re: your mail
@ 2004-04-29  3:21 ` Jon
From: Jon @ 2004-04-29  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: whitehorse; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 11:03:08PM -0400, whitehorse@mustika.net wrote:
> dear Sir,
>  I have a problem in compiling kernel 2.6.4 from kernel 2.4.19. I use
>  Debian woody. When I rebooting new kernel, some message occur such:
>  "modprobe: QM_MODULES: function not implemented"
>  and I can't load my modules when boot. I would like to waiting any one who
>  answer this. Please send to this mail. Thanks
>
>  Best regards,
>
>  Hafid
>  Indonesia

You need to install module-init-tools which is not in Debian Woody
A backport of it for x86 machines is here
http://www.backports.org/debian/dists/woody/module-init-tools/
--
Jon
http://tesla.resnet.mtu.edu

* Re: Upgrading to 2.6 from Debian Woody (Was: No Subject)
@ 2004-04-29  3:22 ` Kenneth Aafløy
From: Kenneth Aafløy @ 2004-04-29  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

On Thursday 29 April 2004 05:03, whitehorse@mustika.net wrote:
>  I have a problem in compiling kernel 2.6.4 from kernel 2.4.19. I use
>  Debian woody. When I rebooting new kernel, some message occur such:
>  "modprobe: QM_MODULES: function not implemented"
>  and I can't load my modules when boot. I would like to waiting any one who
>  answer this. Please send to this mail. Thanks

I bet your problems would be solved by upgrading your dist to sid, as woody is
pretty old, and does not contain the all the fixes in sid. Although I could
be wrong, and all your troubles might be solved by a 'apt-get install
modules-init-tools', in any case it is you distribution that is the problem,
not the linux kernel, so please report this to the appropriate mailing list
or support forum.

Another point would be that this is really a distribuition problem, and
usually is solved by searching the appriopriate mailing list or forum.

Kenneth