* stacked driver communication
@ 2003-04-10 11:25 Frank Hoeft
From: Frank Hoeft @ 2003-04-10 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

Stacked driver communication (kernel 2.2.20):

I wrote stacked driver moduls for an measurement system.
The lower driver handles the access to the pci-card.
This pci-card controls a bus-system , like iee488 for example.
This bus controls serveral at96-measurements-cards.
So the upper moduls control these different cards.

If the lower modul receive (from pci-card) an interrupt ,it
have to  address the corresponding upper modul-isr.
So ,that moduls can read his registers.

I have solve this by ...
The upper modul registered the address from his isr
(and his at96-irq) in the lower modul.
The lower modul can detect wich at96-irq are requested.
The lower modul-isr  jumps in the corresponding
upper module-isr, can fetch the data and wake up the
process.

I know the possibility to make it with EXPORT_SYMBOL
and use it to access from serveral
upper-moduls to the lower-modul.

My question is:

It is possible to make this - or doubtful ... ,
if I make it secure (with corresponding
register- an unregister- functions) that no
pointer is standing in the wood.

Best regards Frank Hoeft

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-04-10 10:14 UTC | newest]