* RSA in kernel
@ 2004-12-06 16:58 Gang Xu
From: Gang Xu @ 2004-12-06 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

I am interested in using RSA functions in kernel. I
searched RSA in the archive and read all threads. It
seems that some developers (Tom, Joy, Serge and more?)
were planning to start porting RSA to kernel in June.
Is there a module available now?

many thanks,

Gang,

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

* Re: RSA in kernel
@ 2004-12-06 17:51 ` Chris Wright
From: Chris Wright @ 2004-12-06 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gang Xu; +Cc: linux-kernel

* Gang Xu (roaming_pig@yahoo.com) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in using RSA functions in kernel. I
> searched RSA in the archive and read all threads. It
> seems that some developers (Tom, Joy, Serge and more?)
> were planning to start porting RSA to kernel in June.
> Is there a module available now?

It's been done a few times, but nothing is in mainline.  You'll find
it buried in digsig[1], but it's not a standalone module, and I believe
there's still cryptoapi work needed to support assymetric crypto.

[1] http://disec.sourceforge.net/

thanks
-chris

* Re: RSA in kernel
@ 2004-12-06 18:00   ` James Morris
From: James Morris @ 2004-12-06 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Wright; +Cc: Gang Xu, linux-kernel

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Chris Wright wrote:

> It's been done a few times, but nothing is in mainline.  You'll find
> it buried in digsig[1], but it's not a standalone module, and I believe
> there's still cryptoapi work needed to support assymetric crypto.

Last I recall, the IBM folk were investigating whether the crypto API
would need to change or not (i.e. just use cipher methods).

- James
--
James Morris
<jmorris@redhat.com>

* RSA in Kernel
@ 2006-03-14 13:29 V Bhanu Chandra
From: V Bhanu Chandra @ 2006-03-14 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

I have gone through some threads which have mentioned about people
starting with a project to implement RSA in the kernel. Could someone
please tell me the state of the project since we are working on an
application that would need such a patch.

The particular thread i am referring to is
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0406.1/1352.html

If someone is working on it then we would like to contribute

Thanks and Regards,
Bhanu

--
V Bhanu Chandra,