* alloc_page_vma: should be called from a module? (not exported in x86_64)
@ 2007-11-29 23:06 Alejandro Homs Puron
From: Alejandro Homs Puron @ 2007-11-29 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: ahoms

Hi,

We've developed a driver for an image acquisition card, which maps
kernel alloc'ed buffers into user space vma's. We use alloc_page +
remap_pfn_range in the driver mmap file_operation.

After looking at alloc_page_vma, I thought that it might be more
appropiate than alloc_page in this context. However, if CONFIG_NUMA=y
(x86_64), this function is not visible to modules.

Is this limitation intentional?

We alloc RAM in a page-by-page basis. Is vm_insert_page more
appropiate than remap_pfn_range?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Alejandro

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-11-29 23:06 UTC | newest]