* [BUG] haswell: a possible sleep-in-atomic bug in hsw_irq_thread
@ 2017-12-12 14:19 Jia-Ju Bai
From: Jia-Ju Bai @ 2017-12-12 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yang.jie, lgirdwood, broonie, perex, tiwai

According to sound/soc/intel/haswell/sst-haswell-ipc.c, the driver may
sleep under a spinlock.
The function call path is:
hsw_irq_thread (acquire the spinlock)
   hsw_process_notification
     hsw_log_message
       mutex_lock --> may sleep

I do not find a good way to fix it, so I only report.
This possible bug is found by my static analysis tool (DSAC) and checked
by my code review.

Thanks,
Jia-Ju Bai

* [BUG] haswell: A possible sleep-in-atomic bug in hsw_irq_thread
@ 2017-10-08 15:06 Jia-Ju Bai
From: Jia-Ju Bai @ 2017-10-08 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yang.jie, lgirdwood, broonie, perex, tiwai

According to sst-haswell-ipc.c, the driver may sleep under a spinlock,
and the function call path is:
hsw_irq_thread (acquire the spinlock)
   hsw_process_notification
     hsw_log_message
       mutex_lock --> may sleep

This bug is found by my static analysis tool and my code review.

Thanks,
Jia-Ju Bai