* perf: perf report stuck in an infinite loop
@ 2019-07-26 20:46 Vince Weaver
From: Vince Weaver @ 2019-07-26 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
  Cc: linux-kernel, Peter Zijlstra, Ingo Molnar, Alexander Shishkin,
	Jiri Olsa, Namhyung Kim

Currently the perf_data_fuzzer causes perf report to get stuck in an
infinite loop.

From what I can tell, the issue happens in reader__process_events()
when an event is mapped using mmap(), but when it goes to process the
event finds out the internal event header has the size (invalidly) set to
something much larger than the mmap buffer size.  This means
fetch_mmaped_event() fails, which gotos remap: which tries again with
the exact same mmap size, and this will loop forever.

I haven't been able to puzzle out how to fix this, but maybe you have a
better feel for what's going on here.

Vince