* 2.4 and cryptoloop
@ 2003-11-10 23:13 bill davidsen
From: bill davidsen @ 2003-11-10 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I see that recent 2.4 has crypto. Is there a version of the tools which
will do cryptoloop using the kernel as released? I tried the old 2.4
version I had, and the latest version which works with 2.6, neither
worked to do an losetup.

Yes, I know about the add-in support, I'm just wondering if the recent
kernel. say 2.4.22-ac4, has the capability if I ask it nicely. I'd like
to share data already in use with aes under 2.6.0-testX.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc

* Re: 2.4 and cryptoloop
@ 2003-11-11  8:55 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2003-11-11  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bill davidsen; +Cc: linux-kernel

bill davidsen wrote:

> I see that recent 2.4 has crypto. Is there a version of the tools which
> will do cryptoloop using the kernel as released? I tried the old 2.4
> version I had, and the latest version which works with 2.6, neither
> worked to do an losetup.

losetup from util-linux 2.12 should work.

* Re: 2.4 and cryptoloop
@ 2003-11-11 15:48   ` bill davidsen
From: bill davidsen @ 2003-11-11 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

In article <20031111085530.GB11435@deneb.enyo.de>,
Florian Weimer  <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
| bill davidsen wrote:
|
| > I see that recent 2.4 has crypto. Is there a version of the tools which
| > will do cryptoloop using the kernel as released? I tried the old 2.4
| > version I had, and the latest version which works with 2.6, neither
| > worked to do an losetup.
|
| losetup from util-linux 2.12 should work.

Hum, I tried that which I built on July 29, that might have been a pre
or something (I'm looking at the mod date on the directory). I'll check
and see what I find, thanks for input.

Actually, I think that version was built under 2.6.0-test4 (or so),
perhaps I have to rebuild under 2.4 and have separate 2.4 and 2.6
versions? Anyway, I'll look more since it should work.