* creating daemons
@ 2005-02-02  9:56 root
From: root @ 2005-02-02  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

hi all,

  i want run my program as a daemon..its like normal
how to do that
service squid start
thanks

* Re: creating daemons
@ 2005-02-03 11:52 ` Bernd Petrovitsch
From: Bernd Petrovitsch @ 2005-02-03 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: root; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 15:24 +0530, root wrote:
>   i want run my program as a daemon..its like normal
> how to do that
> service squid start

Look into /etc/init.d/squid (or wherever your distribution puts the
SysV-Init startup files) on how to write a similar script for your
daemon.
And BTW this has nothing to do with the Linux *kernel*.

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services

* creating daemons
@ 2005-02-02  9:54 root