* Re: [v3] coccinelle: misc: add array_size_dup script to detect missed overflow checks
@ 2020-06-22 11:17 Markus Elfring
From: Markus Elfring @ 2020-06-22 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julia Lawall, Denis Efremov; +Cc: cocci, linux-kernel, Kees Cook

> > +coccilib.report.print_report(p1[0],
> > +f"WARNING: array_size is used down the code (line {p2[0].line}) to compute the same size")
>
> I get python failures for all of these messages.

This is interesting, isn't it?

> I know nothing about python.

You probably know more also about this programming language
than you express here.

> How is this supposed to work?

I suggest to take another look at information from the section
“2.4.3. Formatted string literals”.
https://docs.python.org/3/reference/lexical_analysis.html#f-strings

This software documentation provides the information “New in version 3.6”.
Will such a detail trigger any more software development consequences?

Regards,
Markus

* Re: [v3] coccinelle: misc: add array_size_dup script to detect missed overflow checks
@ 2020-06-22 11:22 ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2020-06-22 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Elfring; +Cc: Denis Efremov, cocci, linux-kernel, Kees Cook

> I suggest to take another look at information from the section
> “2.4.3. Formatted string literals”.
> https://docs.python.org/3/reference/lexical_analysis.html#f-strings
>
> This software documentation provides the information “New in version 3.6”.
> Will such a detail trigger any more software development consequences?

Thanks foor this information.  Denis, would it be possible to express the
code in a more portable way?

thanks,
julia

* Re: [v3] coccinelle: misc: add array_size_dup script to detect missed overflow checks
@ 2020-06-22 11:54   ` Markus Elfring
From: Markus Elfring @ 2020-06-22 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julia Lawall, Denis Efremov; +Cc: cocci, linux-kernel, Kees Cook

>> I suggest to take another look at information from the section
>> “2.4.3. Formatted string literals”.
>> https://docs.python.org/3/reference/lexical_analysis.html#f-strings
>>
>> This software documentation provides the information “New in version 3.6”.
>> Will such a detail trigger any more software development consequences?
>
> Thanks foor this information.  Denis, would it be possible to express the
> code in a more portable way?

Which is the last revision of the Python programming language
that you would like to support so far?

Regards,
Markus