* N900 kernel support
@ 2017-11-10 14:45 Pali Rohár
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Pali Rohár @ 2017-11-10 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek, sre, ivo.g.dimitrov.75, sakari.ailus, patrikbachan,
	linux-kernel, linux-omap

Hi! Yesterday I updated https://elinux.org/N900 page based on data which
I found in linux git repository. So driver status should be up-to-date.

I would like to ask, what is current status of the bluetooth driver? It
is working on N900, or it has a problems?

Also are the any plans for bringing front webcam to work? IIRC there was
problem that it was not possible to describe in DT that back and front
cameras.

And what happened with ramp mode for camera autofocus?

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@gmail.com

* Re: N900 kernel support
@ 2017-11-10 15:53 ` Sakari Ailus
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Sakari Ailus @ 2017-11-10 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pali Rohár
  Cc: Pavel Machek, sre, ivo.g.dimitrov.75, patrikbachan, linux-kernel,
	linux-omap

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 03:45:19PM +0100, Pali Rohár wrote:
> And what happened with ramp mode for camera autofocus?

It's not currently in mainline. That mode is more or less useless for any
decent AF algorithm as it does not implement functionality typically needed
from lens drivers.

I guess you could implement support for it by using custom controls but I
don't think it's really good for anything.

--
Sakari Ailus
e-mail: sakari.ailus@iki.fi

* Re: N900 kernel support
@ 2017-11-10 16:07 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2017-11-10 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pali Rohár
  Cc: Pavel Machek, Sebastian Reichel, Ivaylo Dimitrov, sakari.ailus,
	patrikbachan, Linux Kernel Mailing List, linux-omap

Hi Pali,

> Hi! Yesterday I updated https://elinux.org/N900 page based on data which
> I found in linux git repository. So driver status should be up-to-date.
>
> I would like to ask, what is current status of the bluetooth driver? It
> is working on N900, or it has a problems?

I have not tested this personally, but the driver for it is upstream.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: N900 kernel support
@ 2017-11-10 16:48   ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2017-11-10 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann
  Cc: Pali Rohár, Sebastian Reichel, Ivaylo Dimitrov,
	sakari.ailus, patrikbachan, Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	linux-omap

Hi!

> > Hi! Yesterday I updated https://elinux.org/N900 page based on data which
> > I found in linux git repository. So driver status should be up-to-date.
> >
> > I would like to ask, what is current status of the bluetooth driver? It
> > is working on N900, or it has a problems?
>
> I have not tested this personally, but the driver for it is upstream.

Sebastian knows more. Driver is upstream and working for
N950. Unfortunately it does not really work on N900.

									Pavel

* Re: N900 kernel support
@ 2017-11-10 17:16 ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2017-11-10 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pali Rohár
  Cc: sre, ivo.g.dimitrov.75, sakari.ailus, patrikbachan, linux-kernel,
	linux-omap

Hi!

> Hi! Yesterday I updated https://elinux.org/N900 page based on data which
> I found in linux git repository. So driver status should be up-to-date.
>
> I would like to ask, what is current status of the bluetooth driver? It
> is working on N900, or it has a problems?

See other email.

> Also are the any plans for bringing front webcam to work? IIRC there was
> problem that it was not possible to describe in DT that back and front
> cameras.

Front webcam... Few lines of code (or maybe only few lines of dts) and
perhaps quite a lot of debugging would be required there. OTOH... its
quality is not great, so...

BTW main camera only works in 1.3MPix mode. Getting 5MPix there would
be nice...

> And what happened with ramp mode for camera autofocus?

We don't have userland application using those, so it was easier not
to merge them. It is few lines of code if you have application needing
these.

Best regards,
									Pavel

* Re: N900 kernel support
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2017-11-10 20:54 ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2017-11-10 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pali Rohár
  Cc: sre, ivo.g.dimitrov.75, sakari.ailus, patrikbachan, linux-kernel,
	linux-omap

Hi!

> Hi! Yesterday I updated https://elinux.org/N900 page based on data which
> I found in linux git repository. So driver status should be
> up-to-date.

BTW... do you have any reasonable userland to run on n900?

I'm currently playing with postmarketos --
https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Nokia_N900_(nokia-rx51)  -- lots of
fun, but still a lot of work to do....

Best regards,
									Pavel

* Re: N900 kernel support
@ 2017-11-11 17:54   ` Ivaylo Dimitrov
From: Ivaylo Dimitrov @ 2017-11-11 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek, Pali Rohár
  Cc: sre, sakari.ailus, patrikbachan, linux-kernel, linux-omap

Hi,

On 10.11.2017 22:54, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> Hi! Yesterday I updated https://elinux.org/N900 page based on data which
>> I found in linux git repository. So driver status should be
>> up-to-date.
>
> BTW... do you have any reasonable userland to run on n900?

There is devuan jessie N900 image, I guess it is reasonable enough. Just
google for it.

> I'm currently playing with postmarketos --
> https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Nokia_N900_(nokia-rx51)  -- lots of
> fun, but still a lot of work to do....
>
> Best regards,
> 									Pavel

Regards,
Ivo

* Re: N900 kernel support
@ 2017-11-13 15:15   ` Pali Rohár
From: Pali Rohár @ 2017-11-13 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek
  Cc: sre, ivo.g.dimitrov.75, sakari.ailus, patrikbachan, linux-kernel,
	linux-omap

On Friday 10 November 2017 21:54:08 Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > Hi! Yesterday I updated https://elinux.org/N900 page based on data which
> > I found in linux git repository. So driver status should be
> > up-to-date.
>
> BTW... do you have any reasonable userland to run on n900?

Maemo 5 with some modifications worked with some 4.x kernels (probably
4.6 or 4.7). I have not tested recent versions.

And Maemo 5 is usable userland, just still closed...

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@gmail.com