* Pseudo disk interface
@ 2003-11-05 19:04 balaji raghavan
From: balaji raghavan @ 2003-11-05 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,
    Is there a some kind of __disk_abstraction__ existent in Linux? I am trying to write a Cryptographic disk driver for linux. But AFAIK, I would have to write a pseudo disk interface viz. some disk abstraction driver. Can anyone help me on this?
Thanks.
Balaji Raghavan.

* Re: Pseudo disk interface
@ 2003-11-05 19:47 ` Måns Rullgård
From: Måns Rullgård @ 2003-11-05 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

balaji raghavan <braghava@usc.edu> writes:

>     Is there a some kind of __disk_abstraction__ existent in Linux? I
> am trying to write a Cryptographic disk driver for linux. But AFAIK, I

There already exists such a driver, at least in Linux 2.6.  It's part
of (or at least related to) the loopback driver.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@kth.se

* Re: Pseudo disk interface