* [Question] integrating KDB with linux kernel
@ 2010-04-15  6:22 santosh
From: santosh @ 2010-04-15  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

How to integrate KDB with linux-kernel ??

What I did was as follow:

1.   Used  linux-2.6.21.7.tar.gz

 2.  Downloaded corresponding kdb  from "oss.sgi" site

    kdb-v4.4-2.6.21-common-3.bz2

   kdb-v4.4-2.6.21-i386-3.bz2

3.  build the kernel by enabling CONFIG_KDB and CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER as
described in "oss.sgi"

4.  installed the kernel and rebooted the system

5. When the system comes up, I check the kdb status

cat /proc/sys/kernel/kdb
// screen :
1

I logged in as root then invoke the kdb by press Pause on keyboard, but the
kdb
don't invoke. The system hangs  and two leds Caps Lock and Scroll Lock are
blinking. I had to do hard reboot .

.

please help me to fix this problem

regards
santosh

* Re: [Question] integrating KDB with linux kernel
@ 2010-04-15  8:14 ` anil kumar
From: anil kumar @ 2010-04-15  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: santosh; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hello,

Looks like system is running in graphical mode. First go to terminal
of system (e.g using alt+ctrl+1)  and then invoke kdb

Regards,
Anil

@ 2010-04-15 14:51   ` santosh
From: santosh @ 2010-04-15 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anil kumar; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 1:44 PM, anil kumar <m.anilkumar80@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Looks like system is running in graphical mode. First go to terminal
> of system (e.g using alt+ctrl+1)  and then invoke kdb

Thanks Anil.

Now I am able to invoke "kdb" and run the commands like "dmesg" , bt, etc..

But one problem is still there.

Both "Numlock"  and "CapsLock"  are keep on blinking when I invoke kdb
and becomes normal ( i.e  stop continuous blinking ) when I comes out
of KDB prompt by running the command "go".

Though its not affecting KDb opeartions s but still why the leds are blinking ??

regards
santosh