* Has the iptables security patch been vetted?
@ 2001-04-23 19:48 Dale Amon
From: Dale Amon @ 2001-04-23 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I'm sure you've run across this one:

	http://netfilter.samba.org/security-fix/

I'd like to know how official this patch is, ie how
well checked out? I'd hardly want to cure one problem
and create another. And I'm uncomfortable with it at
first glance: I'd have to find figure out why it is
returning immediate success at that point, or rather
prove to myself that it is just skipping making the
bad table entries.

Use Linux: A computer        Dale Amon, CEO/MD
is a terrible thing          Village Networking Ltd
to waste.                    Belfast, Northern Ireland

* Re: Has the iptables security patch been vetted?
@ 2001-04-24  5:09 ` Rusty Russell
From: Rusty Russell @ 2001-04-24  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dale Amon; +Cc: linux-kernel

In message <20010423204825.H26083@vnl.com> you write:
> I'm sure you've run across this one:
>
> 	http://netfilter.samba.org/security-fix/
>
> I'd like to know how official this patch is, ie how
> well checked out?

Hi Dale,

	The preferred patch is available, and has been tested (several
new testsuite tests now exist) and submitted to Linus (et. al):

	http://netfilter.filewatcher.org/security-fix/ftp-security2.patch
	http://netfilter.samba.org/security-fix/ftp-security2.patch
	http://netfilter.gnumonks.org/security-fix/ftp-security2.patch

Hope that helps,
Rusty.
--
Premature optmztion is rt of all evl. --DK