* ACPI problems
@ 2001-11-05 12:33 Felix von Leitner
From: Felix von Leitner @ 2001-11-05 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi!

ACPI is acting up on me.  On my main machine, ACPI used to be unable to
power the machine down.  It just said "Power down." and the said there.
It worked flawlessly with my notebook (Dell Inspiron 8k).

Now, since about 2.4.10 (?) the situation reversed.  Now ACPI can power
down my desktop just fine but my notebook just sits there after the "Power
Down." message.  Normally, I press the power button then, but yesterday
I was too busy and let the machine sit there and to my utter
astonishment, the notebook did power down after several minutes!  I
didn't take the exact time, but right now I'm sitting besides the
notebook which said "Power down." exactly 3 minutes ago and still is
powered on.  Any ideas?

Felix

* Re: ACPI problems
@ 2001-11-05 21:58 ` Nick Papadonis