* New generic HDLC available
@ 2001-05-15 23:28 Krzysztof Halasa
From: Krzysztof Halasa @ 2001-05-15 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: Daniela P. R. Magri Squassoni

Hi,

I've put new experimental version of my generic HDLC code on
http://hq.pm.waw.pl/hdlc/ ( ftp://ftp.pm.waw.pl/pub/linux/hdlc/experimental/ )

Currently supported (hw drivers) are C101 and N2 (untested) boards.
Protocols supported:
- X.25 and PPP (via X.25 and syncppp routines)
- Frame Relay (CCITT and ANSI LMI, or no LMI)
- Cisco HDLC
- raw HDLC (you can select NRZ/NRZI/Manchester/FM codes and parity)

This version uses new ioctl interface. Comments welcome.

No HDLC/FR bridging code yet. No Cisco LMI support (for FR) yet.
No docs (except Documentation/networking/generic-hdlc.txt) yet.
I'm thinking about implementing asynchronous HDLC driver.

The patch has been generated against 2.4.4-ac6 tree. It should apply to
pure 2.4.4 as well. Protocol support is now split into separate files
hdlc_fr.c, hdlc_cisco.c etc.
--
Krzysztof Halasa
Network Administrator

* Re: New generic HDLC available
@ 2001-09-20 14:59 ` Daniela P. R. Magri Squassoni
From: Daniela P. R. Magri Squassoni @ 2001-09-20 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krzysztof Halasa, linux-kernel

Hi,

Are there any news about the inclusion of these changes in the kernel?

Best regards,

Daniela

Krzysztof Halasa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've put new experimental version of my generic HDLC code on
> http://hq.pm.waw.pl/hdlc/ ( ftp://ftp.pm.waw.pl/pub/linux/hdlc/experimental/ )
>
> Currently supported (hw drivers) are C101 and N2 (untested) boards.
> Protocols supported:
> - X.25 and PPP (via X.25 and syncppp routines)
> - Frame Relay (CCITT and ANSI LMI, or no LMI)
> - Cisco HDLC
> - raw HDLC (you can select NRZ/NRZI/Manchester/FM codes and parity)
>
> This version uses new ioctl interface. Comments welcome.
>
> No HDLC/FR bridging code yet. No Cisco LMI support (for FR) yet.
> No docs (except Documentation/networking/generic-hdlc.txt) yet.
> I'm thinking about implementing asynchronous HDLC driver.
>
> The patch has been generated against 2.4.4-ac6 tree. It should apply to
> pure 2.4.4 as well. Protocol support is now split into separate files
> hdlc_fr.c, hdlc_cisco.c etc.
> --
> Krzysztof Halasa
> Network Administrator

 Daniela P. R. M. Squassoni
     Software Engineer

 mailto:daniela@cyclades.com

 Cyclades Corporation - http://www.cyclades.com

* Re: New generic HDLC available
@ 2001-09-21 12:11   ` Bob Dunlop
From: Bob Dunlop @ 2001-09-21 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krzysztof Halasa; +Cc: Daniela P. R. Magri Squassoni, linux-kernel

On Thu, Sep 20,  Daniela P. R. Magri Squassoni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any news about the inclusion of these changes in the kernel?

I'd like to second the query.  It's additional work I'd rather avoid to
have to track two versions.

> Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
> > The patch has been generated against 2.4.4-ac6 tree. It should apply to
> > pure 2.4.4 as well. Protocol support is now split into separate files
> > hdlc_fr.c, hdlc_cisco.c etc.

Patches don't work with 2.4.9-ac series kernels.
I've put an updated version against 2.4.9-ac10 in
http://www.xyzzy.org.uk/farsync/hdlc-2.4.9-ac10.patch.gz
if you'd like to grab that.

I notice you include patches for existing kernel drivers and since the
farsync driver is now in the 2.4.9 kernel would you like me to supply
you with patches for that ?

--
        Bob Dunlop
        FarSite Communications Ltd.

* Re: New generic HDLC available
@ 2001-09-26 13:11   ` Krzysztof Halasa
From: Krzysztof Halasa @ 2001-09-26 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

"Daniela P. R. Magri Squassoni" <daniela@cyclades.com> writes:

> Are there any news about the inclusion of these changes in the kernel?

I hope so. However, dscc4.c uses the old version. While I think it's
easy to port it to the new one (it should simplify the code in fact),
it has to be done.
--

@ 2001-09-28 18:54     ` Daniela P. R. Magri Squassoni
From: Daniela P. R. Magri Squassoni @ 2001-09-28 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krzysztof Halasa; +Cc: linux-kernel, François Romieu

Krzysztof Halasa wrote:

> I hope so. However, dscc4.c uses the old version. While I think it's
> easy to port it to the new one (it should simplify the code in fact),
> it has to be done.

So, let´s talk to the maintainer (François Romieu?).  Since your new
patch really improves the current Generic HDLC Layer, it shouldn´t take
too long to be submitted.

Best regards,

Daniela