* Re: Where can I get agp driver developer's guide
       [not found] <OF6F25769B.C6371B4F-ON48256D7A.003364BE@cn.ibm.com.suse.lists.linux.kernel>
@ 2003-08-06 14:20 ` Andi Kleen
From: Andi Kleen @ 2003-08-06 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hao CD Wu; +Cc: linux-kernel

"Hao CD Wu" <haowu@cn.ibm.com> writes:

> I searched network to find some documents about agp driver but I can't find
> any. I am very greatful if anyone can tell me where I can get agp driver's
> documents, especially developer's guide on how to implement a special agp
> dirver.

There is no particular documentation for that. The usual way to get
a new one is to copy an existing driver and modify it for your needs.

> And I notice that the function agp_register_driver is no longer exist in
> kernel 2.5.70, but it exists in kernel 2.5.64 or later. I am wonder how to
> register a agp driver in in kernel 2.5.70.

You use agp_alloc_bridge/agp_add_bridge to register the AGP bridge.

Out of curiosity: for what chipset do you want to write an AGP driver
for?

-Andi

* Where can I get agp driver developer's guide
@ 2003-08-06  9:32 Hao CD Wu